In Year Admissions
An application can be made for a place for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. Applications should be made to Thurrock Council Admissions at Thurrock In Year Admissions and a supplementary form should be downloaded from the Holy Cross website at https://www.holycrossprimary.com/ and returned to the School Office, together with the child’s Baptismal Certificate, upon completion.
Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria (see below) will be applied -
Where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
- Catholic looked after and previously looked after children. (see notes 2&3)
- Catholic children who are resident in the parish of Holy Cross Catholic Primary School. (see notes 3&11)
- Catholic children who are resident in the parish of Holy Cross for whom Holy Cross Catholic Primary School is the nearest Catholic school. (see notes 3&11)
- Other Catholic children. (see note 3)
- Other looked after and previously looked after children. (see note 2)
- Catechumens and members of an Eastern Christian Church. (see notes 4&5)
- Children of other Christian denominations whose membership is evidenced by a minister of religion. (see note 6)
- Children of other faiths whose membership is evidenced by a religious leader. (see note 7)
- Any other children.
Within each of the categories listed above, the following provisions will be applied in the following order.
- Where evidence is provided at the time of application of an exceptional social, medical or pastoral need of the child which can most appropriately be met at this school, the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made. (see note 10)
- The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made after children in (i) above (see note 8).
If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list.
You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing, and you have the right of appeal to an independent appeal panel.
Fair Access Protocol
The school is committed to taking its fair share of children who are vulnerable and/or hard to place, as set out in locally agreed protocols. Accordingly, outside the normal admission round the governing body is empowered to give absolute priority to a child where admission is requested under any locally agreed protocol. The governing body has this power, even when admitting the child would mean exceeding the published admission number (subject to the infant class size exceptions).