Online Safety Updates for Parents
- Pupils at Holy Cross who are home learning are expected to be using Purple Mash, Times Tables Rockstars and Oxford Reading Tree Buddy, with access to White Rose Maths on Youtube. These are the safe and valid online programmes that have been allocated to our children.
- Staff may post other online resources and activities for children to access, but these are at parents’ discretion and parents should be supervising their child whilst they are online.
- Purple Mash has an email and blogging section for pupils to use, however, each email or blog has to be approved by a teacher before it is posted live onto the page. These are being monitored by the class teachers and the DSL.
- Our website (www.holycrossprimary.thurrock.sch.uk – classes – online guidance) has been updated with the most up-to-date guidance on the most recent apps and other gaming activities that children maybe using in their spare time and parents have been advised to ensure they know what games and apps are appropriate for their child.
- All reports to the school (by staff, pupils or parents) regarding inappropriate online behaviour will be followed up with a phone call to the family or directly to MASH depending on the nature of the concern.