Holy Cross Catholic Primary School
The governing body is the admissions authority and has responsibility for admissions to this school. The local authority undertakes the co-ordination of admission arrangements during the normal admission round. The governing body has set its admission number at 30 pupils to be admitted to the reception class in the school year which begins in September, 2021.
The governing body will, where logistically possible, admit twins and all siblings from multiple births where one of the children is the last child ranked within the school’s Published Admissions Number (“PAN”).
Pupils with an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement of Special Educational Needs (see note 1)
The admission of pupils with a Statement of Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan is dealt with by a completely separate procedure. Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care Plan that names the school must be admitted. Where this takes place before the allocation of places under these arrangements this will reduce the number of places available to other children.
1. Where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
2. Catholic looked after and previously looked after children. (see notes 2&3)
3. Catholic children of practising Catholic parents, attending
weekly Mass. The Governing Body will expect this practice to be verified by a Certificate of Catholic Practice.
4. Other Catholic children. (see note 3)
5. Other looked after and previously looked after children. (see note 2)
6. Catechumens and members of an Eastern Christian Church. (see notes 4&5)
7. Children of other Christian denominations whose membership is evidenced by a minister of religion. (see note 6)
8. Children of other faiths whose membership is evidenced by a religious leader. (see note 7)
9. Any other children.
10. Within each of the categories listed above, the following provision will be applied-
The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made. (see note 8)